What is the one thing that you need to make your website stand out on search engine results? What can make your business more attractive for potential clients? How can you rank better on search engine results? To answer all these questions all you need is a detailed SEO guide.
In this modern technological era, it’s immensely important to have an online presence. This is because the entire potential customers, buyers or clients, etc. search about the product, services, or information they are looking for online. The Internet provides the most efficient and easiest way to find information about anything you can name. This can open many doors to new prospects for your business. But the completion online is super tough.
As there might be hundreds of thousands of other similar businesses offering similar things as yours. This is where SEO kicks in. through SEO you can make your website stand out among all the potential competitors. It is a major factor in multiplying your traffic. and more traffic can help you in multiplying your business.
Here, in this article, we provide you with a comprehensive SEO guide. This guide can help you in understanding the basic concept of SEO, how it works, how to rank in Google? and how to grow your business through a comprehensive SEO strategy. To understand all these things, firstly, we need to go to the fundamentals of SEO. So let’s begin!
What is SEO?
The SEO acronym stands for search engine optimization. But to understand the real SEO definition, we need to dig a little deeper. There are thousands of websites online that offer similar services, products, or information. But have you ever thought that what are the websites that get most of the traffic? To answer this question we need to go into a little detail
When any user searches for a specific thing online, he or she writes a keyword in the search engine related to that specific thing. The search engine then shows that users the most relevant results according to the keyword searched. Most of the users are tend to click on the top websites present on that list. No one likes to scroll down and check the results on the bottom ranks of the search result. So it won’t be wrong to say that the website that attracts the maximum traffic is the one that ranks better in the search engine results.
So the real SEO meaning is that it is a set of techniques that helps your website to rank higher in the search engine results. Through which you can attract more traffic and hence more potential clients. And isn’t it what everyone wants? So if you want your business to thrive online and attract as much potential business as possible, you need to work extremely hard to get good SEO results.
Search engines and what they do?
Search engines are specially designed software systems. These software systems can help you in finding anything on the internet. Search engines find the information required by the user on the World Wide Web systematically. To find anything on the internet the users enter a specific term related to the information they are looking for.
The search engine then searches the databases to find all the relevant results according to that search term. The results found are usually in a form of a list. This list could contain different website links, videos, images, etc. all the web engines use a special algorithm to find the most relevant search results according to the user’s query.
Nowadays the search engines are something that everyone tends to reach when they are looking for everyday research on the internet, product search, or even to access the latest news and updates. Let’s have a look at the 4 most accessed search engines of the modem times:
4 main players in the game
Google search engine needs no introduction. It’s the search engine that has taken over the entire internet. If we are looking for some product, information, or service all we need to do is to Google it. It has a market share of more than 90 percent which makes it the best choice for everyone when it comes to a search engine.
To compare any other search engine to Google is not a fair call. Google search gets almost 3.2 billion queries daily. It is no doubt the most visited website in the world. Most of the search engine optimization is done by keeping in mind Google as a search engine. However, the algorithm through which Google process its search result is secret and keeps on updating regularly.
Yahoo used to be a super famous search engine a decade or two before. It was launched in the 90s and became immensely popular among users. It still gets a fair share of traffic. But if we analyze the traffic statistic of yahoo vs. goggle, then yahoo is overshadowed by Google-like every other search engine. But, people who are familiar with yahoo still like to use it to search their queries on the internet. It is also famous for providing the most accurate and fewer spam results.
Bing search engine is another famous search engine used by many users around the globe. It is powered by Microsoft and is the newer version of MSN. Upon entering search queries by the users it gives results in the web link, images, maps, and videos, etc.
Duckduckgo is another search engine that is gaining popularity among users. The thing that sets apart duckduckgo from others search engines is that it does not store your private information. This makes this search engine the best choice for people looking for better privacy when it comes to searching for anything online.
What does SEO actually do?
Search engine optimization abbreviated as SEO is actually a set of optimization techniques that help your website rank better in search results. When a user enters a search query or a keyword to find something specific online, the search engine produces a list of relevant results in return through a special algorithm. So what does SEO do is that helps you in optimizing your website in such a way that it can rank higher in that search engine result list.
An SEO specialist or a team of SEO professionals can change and evaluate your website content to optimize it for the search engines as well as users. This in return helps the user to get relevant information. Also, it helps the website to rank better the search results. That increases your website traffic flow and profits your business. Pretty simple!
Why should I care about SEO?
Here are some reasons to convince you that why SEO matters for your website
- The number one question that comes to everyone’s mind is do I need a website for my business? Well, the answer is yes you do and you also need to optimize it for better outcomes. SEO helps in optimizing your website content. Through which you can rank higher in the search list produced by the search engines. Ranking higher in that is very important as around 70 percent of the users online just visit the top 5 options of the list produced by the search engine. If you want more traffic on your website you need to rank higher in search results. And only good SEO techniques can help you with that.
- Comprehensive SEO techniques also help in creating a better experience for the customers. The optimized web pages on the website not only help in ranking better but also in providing the potential customer with all the relevant information.
- Through SEO you can rank better in search engines and keep ahead of your competitors in the market. This can help you in creating a stronger brand name and value in the market.
How can I get started with SEO?
To get started with the SEO for your website, you need to make a systematic framework. Here are some simple steps that can help you initiate your SEO plan:
- Firstly you need to set your SEO goals. You need to be very clear in what are the results you required from your SEO strategies. Setting the goals can be the first step towards achieving them
- Then comes the next step that is the thorough research of your current website. You need to analyze all the current content and the website layout to figure out what is lacking, what needs to change, and what needs to go.
- Keywords are like the backbone of search engine optimization. Without thorough and detailed keyword research, you cannot begin to optimize your website for the search engine. There are many tools available online through which you can make an initial list of keywords and can also get the traffic statistics and other important information on your chosen keywords.
- After that, you can work on creating content that is informative and relevant. Your content should be engaging enough to captivate the interest of the users. Great content building always gives great results in SEO.
These were some initial steps that can get you started on SEO and then you can go for building a comprehensive SEO plan for a website.
The three main components of SEO techniques
When it comes to SEO framework we usually divide it into three main components. These components are technical SEO, off-page SEO, and on-page SEO. It might be confusing to you so let’s have a look at all these components in detail:
What is technical SEO?
Technical SEO is actually the first step when it comes to SEO techniques. Technical SEO is related to the configuration, indexing, layout, etc. of the website. In technical SEO the professional makes the basic structure and layout of the website more user-friendly. This part of the SEO is very important because if there is any problem with your crawling it can create a negative impact and can affect your rankings badly.
What is on-page SEO?
On-page SEO is related to content on your website and how to optimize it. It involves optimization of everything that is on your website in such a way that it becomes more user-friendly as well as informative. On-page SEO requires meaningful and informative content that can grasp the interest of potential clients. Optimizing things like website structure, videos, images, titles, etc. all come under the banner of on-page SEO. It can be strengthened by internal linking and right keyword usage
What is off-page SEO?
There are various other ways through which you can improve your website ranking besides optimizing your website. All these other ways come under off-page SEO. Off-page SEO actually refers to promotional techniques through which you can improve your content credibility and rank better in search engine results. Getting good backlinks is one of the most important things when it comes to off-page SEO. As it helps in building a good reputation of your website with the search engine algorithm.
What is the role of content in search engine optimization?
Content is like the backbone of SEO. SEO without good content is just impossible. Let’s see how content plays a vital role in search engine optimization:
Content is a source of information
What does anyone searching for anything specific on a search engine requires? The answer is relevant information. Everyone wants to have valid and useful information about the thing they are looking for. And this can only be served by good content. Content should be able to supply a demand. Whether it is a blog, an image, or a video, the actual purpose of the content is to provide information to the user. Creating high-quality content that can engage the interest of the user is super helpful when it comes to SEO.
Content can create links
It is very important to internally link the content with other web pages having relevant information. It helps in creating better credibility for your information. Internal linking not only helps the users but also the search engine crawlers to dig deep and find different pages of your website easily.
Content can provide a good user experience
Engaging content can help your website to captivate the interest of the users. If your content is informative and is presented in a user-friendly way then it can convince the user to spend more time on your website. This can help in multiplying your potential customers and can build a healthy traffic flow.
Content can help you in incorporating keywords
Keywords are utterly important factors for ranking better. Good content allows you to incorporate the keywords. But many people overstuff keywords in their content which creates a very bad impact. Also, it contributes to losing the trust of the search engine as well as the customers. So it is very important to use keywords in a good manner and adequate amount.
What benefits will I get after getting SEO on a website?
There are various benefits of doing SEO for your website or getting SEO services from a reputable SEO agency. Let’s take a look at a few of them:
- SEO helps in creating a trustworthy brand name. it helps in gaining the interest of the search engines. Which overall strengthen your brand name and value.
- Good SEO techniques can create a good user experience for your website. The optimized content on your website can hold the interest of the users for longer and can help them return to your website in the future.
- A comprehensive and detailed SEO guide can also help you in generating more user flux to your website. More organic traffic means more potential clients.
- Most importantly SEO helps you rank higher in the search engine results. Ranking higher in search engine results means better business.
- It also helps you in competing with your competitors. Through SEO you can rank better in search engine results and give your potential competitors tough competition.
In this modern era, you definitely need an online presence. Without a website, your business cannot grow to its full extent. And after getting a website, you need to optimize it for better results. Search engine optimization helps in creating a good user experience for your website and in creating a better brand name. Through SEO you can rank higher in search engine results. This can help you in multiplying your organic traffic flux. That contributes to better business and revenues.
Through this detailed SEO guide, we are sure that you will be able to create an SEO strategy that can benefit your business in many ways. Through this, you can create attractive and engaging content which can grasp the interest of your users. And can help you rank better on search engine results.